“Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall” (Psalm 55:22)
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- Once we returned home I was informed by my husband that the same friend was going to bring us to Bible Study that morning had stopped by with a phone number for us to call - a woman whose church provides food for families in need. A couple hours later that same friend brought us over canned goods and some pickles, salsa, and tomadoes that she canned herself!
- An hour later, a woman from my church stopped by! She had heard about our little situation at Bible Study that morning. She provided us with some grocery money and 4 loaves of bread!
- At the same time that woman arrived, my friend Anna arrived with her daughter. They were coming over just to hang out and have a snack with us. Anna lives just a few blocks from us so we tend to be at each others homes often. Anna brought with her a gift from someone I had taken photos for, guess what it was? A gift card for the grocery store.
- Anna also brought over a snack for everyone! She brought grapes and a container full of delicious mint brownies that she had made.
- Another friend from church stops by to return a swing we loaned her for her baby boy. She offers to help me figure out some frugal and healthy ways to cook for this many people and she even went home and wrote out a list of meals and e-mailed them to me.
- At about 5pm a woman from the church that provides food for families in need came over and brought us 3 boxes full of food and essential items.
- About an hour after that my in-laws neighbor, who has recently has become one of my own freinds, stopped by with a box full of fresh garden vegetables and a gift card for the grocery store!
The Lord reveals to us through His Word, the Bible, that we can be of good "cheer," that we can
1) rejoice in our problems because God will use them to our benefit. "Knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope" (Romans 5:3-4);
2) see our "worries" as an opportunity to practice Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths";
3) counteract our anger by obeying Ephesians 4:32, "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you"; and
4) deal with any sinful feelings by believing and acting upon the truth of 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."All of our problems can be dealt with through simple faith in God's Word.