Passionate Homemaking is one of my favorite blogs, I have learned a great deal about natural and healthy living from Lindsay, the author of the blog. I appreciate her dedication and all the hard work she pours into her writing. I highly recommend checking out her blog if you haven't already.
Anyway, here's the recipe!
- 3 14 oz. cans vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can tomato puree
- ½ cup uncooked brown rice
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups chopped fresh spinach or kale leaves
1. In a 3 ½ or 4 quart slow cooker, combine all but the spinach or kale
2. Cook on low for 5-7 hours or high 2 ½ - 3 ½ hours.
3. Just before serving, stir in spinach or kale.
Yields: 6 Servings